Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The cruise

Pros:

-lots of sun
-lots of free time (read a whole book)
-the food!

Cons:

-too much sun (that was our fault)
-rough seas had us pretty queasy
-not enough time to really get to know the ports of call

My conclusion is that I'm very glad that we had the opportunity to go on a cruise. It was great to have the experience first-hand, and the ocean was so vast and gorgeous; I feel lucky to have had the chance to be surrounded by it. However, Kimberly and I are dive-into-the-culture, adventurous vacationers. If I go to the Bahamas again, I'd rather spend a week on one island than a week at sea with day long stops at several islands.

One highpoint:

Sneaking through the lobby of the Sheraton on Cable Beach in Nassau. On the other side we were met with a long beach shared by all of the upscale resorts. One look around and we suddenly felt like we were amidst the postcard ideal of Caribbean vacation.


Cable Beach across the little bay. We walked several miles looking for a place to hang out before coming across it.




More here (from Kimberly).

1 comment:

Danielle Athanas said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a great time! The beach looks awesome. :)