Friday, June 22, 2007

Cannon Mtn.

Yesterday I got up bright and early and went hiking with Ben on Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch State Park. It was a beautiful clear day and the trail was in great condition (it was the first time I've been mountain climbing this year when I haven't encountered any snow). We reached the summit in no time, even while taking a moderate pace.

Here are some photos from the trip:


Ben looking manly on the trail.


A view of I-93 from an amazing overlook near the summit.



A handy compass at the observation tower on the peak that indicates what mountain you're looking at.


Enjoying our time at the peak.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Ben also posted an entry on the hike, with a link to more pictures:
Ben and Dan Hike Mt. Cannon

Anonymous said...

Dan also brought coffee to the top. It was hot when we drank it, and I discovered the wonderful invention called the vacuum tube!