Yesterday, in my handiest project to date (don't laugh), I finally installed a towel rack in the bathroom, which I agreed to do when we moved in in October.
I started this project earlier in the weekend, but found that I really did need to pre-drill holes for the fixtures to get the thing installed properly. After buying a pack of drill bits at Target, I was ready to go.
I didn't get any pictures of the work in progress, but basically I had to measure and mark where the ends of the rack would be, drill holes, insert plastic fasteners (not all the way into the wall but leaving about 3/8 of an inch sticking out, a fact that was absent from the instructions), attach metal plates to the fasteners with screws, and then attach the ends of the rack to the plates with set screws. The end result: